Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's Cookin' Thursday-Potatoe Soup and Bread

Happy Hip Hop Thursday everyone! Go check out Angela's sweet deals over at Unity! I am in the midst of quite a few projects right now! Christmas cards and scrapbook pages to name a couple! So I am only posting Thursday's recipe today. It is a good one, though! My very own homemade potato soup. Yummy! It is perfect for a cold rainy day! The bread is homemade too, but I will share that recipe another day!


Emily's Potato Soup


8oz. of cream cheese

2 cups of milk

1 cup of half-n-half

1 can of cream of celery soup

2-2.5 lbs. of potatos ( I like the baby gourmet potatos)

chives and salt and pepper to taste

I boil my potatoes and peel them. I cut them up into cubes and take 3-4 of the baby potatoes and mash them. This releases the starch and helps to thicken the soup. Add the potatoes to your milk, half n half, cream cheese, celery soup, salt and pepper and chives in a large crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 hours. My family loves to add bacon and cheddar cheese to the top. This is wonderful served with a fresh salad and homemade sour dough bread!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Yummy in my tummy....this looks great!!

Pia said...

Potato soup is my ultimate favorite! I so have to try your recipe. It looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Emily this looks so yummy! I love potato soup - will have to try this one!

Jan said...

Looks delicious Emily! Thanks for the recipe!