Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cut It Out!


This was for the techinique lover's challenge over on SCS found HERE. We were to cut out an image from DP or cut out some dry embossed image to create a border. I chose to cut these flowers out of a piece of American Crafts DP I have had for a long time. When you cut out a certain image from a larger pattern, this is called "fussy cutting". This is a term used in quilting and also recently in the scrapbooking/papercraft world. Just thought I would add that little tidbit, since I got some PM's on SCS asking what that was!
You can see my sheet of DP laying by the card in the photo. I just layered each different flower with a dimensional to give it some depth. I really like the way this one turned out!
Have a terrific Tuesday!
Emily

7 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

This is so cute Emily! I love the cut outs and the CB paper! It goes so well together!

Nancy said...

So pretty, Emily, and I love the way you photographed it!!

Louise F NZ said...

This is really lovely, you chose fab paper to cut your image from. great colours and I love the layout of your card.

Denise said...

Your card is simple and sweet!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is totally awesome!! tfs!!
-t

CJ said...

I love that concept. That paper was so perfect for it, too. GREAT color combination. I'll have to see if I can find something in my stash to try it with.

Bekah said...

great choice of paper for this technique!