Thursday, February 19, 2009

This Week's SCS sketch challenge

Here is what I came up with for this weeks sketch challenge which can be found HERE. Those circles had me stumped for awhile! LOL! The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this sketch was boobs! I spent waaaaaay too much time trying to figure out how to make a bra or bikini top out of those circles! Anyway....I bought this adorable set, Love Birdies by Unity and haven't inked it up yet. I really love the way this turned out.
The pink DP and yellow DP is Basic Grey's Urban Prairie. I paper pieced the heart and birdies. I used some of my beloved soft sky paper and CB'd it with swiss dots. There is LOTS of layering on this card. Will probably cost a fortune if I mail it, but probably will save it for one of the upcoming weddings we have this summer.
Today is Hip Hop Thursday over at Unity! Click on my Unity blinkie for more details!

Have a tremendous Thursday!

Emily

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous Emily! Wow I love the CB enbossing all over the card, really pulls it all together! Great colors too! I just love it!

Lisa Foster said...

Boobs!!!!...ROFL!!!! Isn't it just like a nurse to see body parts in a card sketch. Next thing ya know, you'll be seeing card sketches on your patients!!! HA!

This card IS Fantastic! I love all the layers! How cool paper piecing the heart!!! Thanks a lot you enabler...now I HAVE to order that Urban Prarie paper! :)

Denise said...

OH soooo beautiful....love all the layers and texture~~~~ looks great!

Nancy said...

Stunning card, and hilarious description!! Great work!!

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous Emily! I love the colors with the swiss dots! Just beautiful!

Tanis said...

ADORABLE!! You did a great job with that sketch!! LOVE what you did with the heart :)

Bekah said...

Hey Em, I love the CB'd dots and black borders on everything. Looks great!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!!