Saturday, June 27, 2009

RIP Michael and a challenge for you

I had to do another post today. This card is obviously a tribute to MJ. What a super talented guy he was! I know that his behavior as an adult was any thing less than strange and bizarre, but I LOVE his music. If you played Thriller right now, I could sing every word AND do the dance...yes...the entire dance! I owned black leather pants as a child and an orange pleather jacket. I also spent many hours on the playground having moonwalk contests. He contributed so much to the music industry.
Sometimes I wonder if he struggled as an adult, because he was never allowed to be a child. I hope that he is at peace now and that all of his demons have been put to rest.

So here is another thought...I am throwing out a Michael Jackson challenge to you all. Make a card or a project inspired by The King of Pop. Link it here and use keyword RIPMJ when uploading to on line galleries.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Emily

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Emily, you card looks awesome, OMG how I loved him as a child....I don't want to leave your blog yet I am jammin to thriller...hehe!! Sounds like a fun challenge, maybe I can get a chance to stamp today :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!! I grew up with Michael as well.....the Thriller Video is the best music video still!!! Thanks for sharing, lady!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Emily,

This is a great card excellent job on this card and the picture makes him look much better than in the later days!!!

I was not allowed to be exposed to music much as a kid, and I honestly think the first time I was exposed to Thriller was when it was all over MTV and such for the 10 year anniversary like around 1992, but I found out this week how many songs I like that I never even realized were Michaels songs!!!

I hope he is at peace now too!!! I just feel so bad for his 3 kids!!!

Heather

Kimberly's Krafts said...

That card is awesome! I grew up loving Michael too! He will be missed!! Thanks for the song! Beat it is playing!! That's soooo great that you have his music on your blog!! Very kool!!

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Wow this is terrific! the first one I have see on line what a wonderful job what talent! Wonderful Tribute to MJ.
~God Bless~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie
Please come and visit my blog and become a follower too!

Abi Bundy said...

cool card emily!