Saturday, January 30, 2010

Paper Maniac Blog Hop...Rain


Hello!  Welcome to Paper Maniac's Beatles inspired blog hop!  If you just found the hop, you will want to start HERE.  If you have been hopping with us you should be arriving from Michelle's blog.  All of the participants in the hop were to choose a Beatle's song as their inspiration.  I chose the song Rain (1966).  This song was only number one for two weeks, and was on the "B" side of the Paperback Writer 45.  I used to LOVE to listen to my Mom's old 45's and this was one in her collection!  I also found out that The Beatles actually made a video for this song.  Click HERE to see it on You Tube!

How fitting that my favorite image from the Unity January retail kit is this cute couple cuddling behind an umbrella!  This kit is sold out, but in a week you will be able to order the NEW February Unity retail kit!  Can't wait!  I also used some BasicGrey Origins DP to paper piece the image.  I love the colors in this collection...YUMMY!  I also added some Kaiser pearls to the center and ends of the umbrella.

Want to know what you can win for hopping with us today?  The first prize will be all three new Cosmo Cricket mini deck pads, the Flourishes cloud background stamp, and a package of American Crafts pearl brads.  To be eligible to win you must leave comments on all participating blogs in the hop.  A random winner will be chosen.  The folks participating in the hop are also eligible for this prize, too!
The second prize is a $20 gift certificate to the PM store!  All you need to do is become a registered user at the store between Jan. 30-31 to be eligible!  You can sign up at the store HERE.

Your next stop on the hop is Randi!

Thanks for joining in the Paper Maniac Magical Mystery Hop!

Emily

43 comments:

de said...

This is so pretty! Love the DP and colors you chose and the paper piecing is amazing!

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! This is one beautiful and inspiring card. I just love the colors, paper piecing and the pearls. You aced this challenge.

Rachel said...

I love it Emily, the pearls are such a perfect accent on the umbrella.

Crystal said...

Oh my Emily I LOVE this!! FABBY colors and love love the paper piecing and how you added the pearls!!! You rock sweetie!!! Have a wonderful Weekend!

Rachel B said...

EmmieLouWho ~ Could this card be ANY cuter? Adorable. I so love that image. Beautiful. I love the paper piecing.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this, love this, love this!!!! Super cuteness perfection, gf!!!!!

Georgia said...

Wow! Love the paper piecing!!

CarlaKH said...

Aww that is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. I just love this stamp set.

lisa a.

Katy said...

That really is the cutest stamp ever! Love your card.

jennifer mitten said...

I love this card and that stamp!

JenE said...

Cute, cute stamp! Perfect for your song choice! Lovely card :)

Ceal said...

Adorable!

Jan said...

Fabulous card, Emily.......love the paper piecing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love this card-love that stamp! YOU are AMAZING:)

Patti said...

Awesome card, as usual Emily. Love your paper piecing, and the pearls are a perfect finishing touch.

akagreenhouse said...

What a great card! So spring-y.

Alica said...

so pretty - love the paper pieced umbrella with pearls! great!

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

What a fabulous card Emily!! I just love how you added the pearls to the umbrella, really makes it pop =)

Unknown said...

Such a cute card I love it...

Janie Boots
boots3103@hotmail.com

Erika M. said...

I absolutely love your card!

Monika in VA said...

Pretty ~ love the green!

Carol said...

I love how you put the pearls on the umbrella!

Rona said...

Great card - I love that image too - very sweet

Cheryl said...

Very lovely and creative! I love your take on this song!

Dell said...

This is breathtaking! I love this design.

farmhouse-story said...

this is just adorable!

Christine said...

I love your card! What a great stamp and all the paper piecing!

Blessings,
Christine

Randi said...

Gorgeous card Emily! Love the umbrella with the bling!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Just beautiful Emily!!!

KymKreates said...

I think your card is lovely as well as your story! great inspiration from your song!

paperpapier said...

love the way you put the pearls on the umbrella..so stunning and beautiful.

Unknown said...

You're card is FABULOUS! I especially love the stamped image. Great job on the challenge!

Angie Cortes said...

Fabulous Card!! I love the paper pieced umbrella and the pearls are a great touch!! TFS

scrap_in_time said...

What a great card! Love the image and the colors.

Michelle said...

Perfect card to go with your song choice!
Hugs,
Michelle

Laura said...

This card is adorable and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch. :)

Gwen said...

I LOVE this card, that unbrella is so adorable! Great job with this song!

Sandy said...

Fabulous card. Love that they are hidden behind the umbrella. Have to admit I didn't recognize the Beatle song though. Thanks for the Utube link.

Corina said...

Super Cute!

Thanks for the opportunity

Lucky
www.scrapbookingInk.com

Charlene said...

I just adore this stamp! I love the way you used the pearls, SO cute!!

Chrissy D said...

Sooo Sweet! Love the pearls on your umbrella!

Linda said...

Fabulous card! I love how you paper pieced the stamped image.