Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thinking of Hoo...

Hello!  I can't sleep so I decided to make a card for the SCS color challenge-Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, and Sage Shadow.  The dessert option was to add patterns to your card.  I pulled out some of my new DP from that Cosmo Cricket kit I scored at Tuesday Mornings.  I also used a set from MFT that I hadn't got inky yet...Thinking of Hoo.  Don't you just love that little owl on the branch?
I colored him with Copics and Prisma pencils, after stamping him on Kraft paper.  I cut him out and used some dimensionals to pop him up.  The bluish green panel in the middle is DP, and I love the way the distressing in the upper right hand corner looks light moonlight.  I would love to say that I planned that, but nope...a wonderful coincidence!

Guess what?  My robot card is featured over on the MFT blog HERE.  How exciting is that?

Okay...I REALLY need to try and sleep.  It is snowing again, and it is just so beautiful to look at.  Maybe if I watch it long enough it will lull me to sleep! LOL!  I actually thought about bundling up and taking a midnight walk in it, but hubby would probably think I had lost my mind!!  Maybe I have....

Have a good night/day!
Emily

5 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet Emily.. I couldn't sleep either and got up and stamped. I love snowfall at night..Have a great day and take a nap..

de said...

Love this Emily! And congrats on your win over on Ashley's blog. AND for the spotlight on your robot card! Send some snow this way... it will be almost 60 here today. :-)

StampinCathy said...

This is one beautiful and inspiring card. I just love the color combo. Congrats on your spotlight of your robot card. How exciting!

Denise said...

Emily, you are too funny!!! Love what you came up with while having insommnia!! This is such a cute cute card!!!

Jacilynn said...

I'm in love with this card. So super cute Em!