Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wishing Tree-OCL48

Hello! I made this card for two challenges. For the OCL48 over on the Our Craft Lounge blog, we were to use two different types of ribbon.  I used some celery twill ribbon and some baker's twine from The Twinery.  For the F4A47 on SCS, we were to add texture to our card with embossing folders.  I used my all time favorite embossing folder, swiss dots for the popped up paper circles on the tree.  I colored the rest of the tree and the grass with Copic markers.  I created the sky by sponging blue inks over top of a punched scallop circle.  The tree and sentiment are from the OCL set, Tweet Trees.

Thanks for stopping by!  I will have another post later today!

Emily

9 comments:

Emily Branch said...

OMG!!! I love love love everything about this card!! The tree is sooooo awesome, especially with the textured embossed dots, and I love the cloud background. Kudos to the doily detail on top! I just bought that edge puncher last week at Michaels. You're phenomonal!! Publish-worthy work

StampinCathy said...

This is just amazing. Love that tree and grass.

Jenny said...

awww so sweet, really love this :) :) :)

Virginia L. said...

What a TREAT to see this lovely card on a cold wintery day...I love love the greens and elements in this. It makes me smile :)

Kendra said...

Great Card!!! I love how you did the sweet tree! Thanks so much for playing along on the OCL weekly challenge!

Bekah said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Great work as always!

Dori said...

Such a fun card! Love the texture on the tree; what a fun way to use your embossing folders. I also like the decorative edge at the top of the card.

Pam said...

I love this, it's darling!

Amber (bambi64) said...

This is too sweet. Love how you did the tree. Thanks for playing over at OCL.