Thursday, March 31, 2011

You are Loved...

Hello! I think I made a similar card a while back, but here it is again! LOL!
I made the flower and grass from pages torn from an old book. 

EDIT:  For this particular card, I used an old music book.  The information below is just telling you an alternative if you are not into perusing antique shops and what not! LOL!  I use the Donna Salazar papers for lots of craft projects, but for this, I used a vintage music book.  For cards and what not using old paper is fab.  When I scrapbook, I prefer to use the acid free papers that "look" old. I don't want to chance that they will ruin my photos.  Thanks for the questions that were emailed. Sorry for the confusion! :)

They are all inked up with distress inks.  I used nesties to make the flower and added chunky silver glitter to the middle.  I got the idea for this from Donna Salazar.  She has all kinds of tips and techniques on her music sheet and vintage book papers.  I love that they look old, are acid free and they are fun to read as they have a crafty theme!
You can find these products HERE at Paper Maniac.
Love the grungy look of these flowers!

Thanks for stopping by, and sorry for the repeat kind of card and technique!

Emily

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card Miss Emily!!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card, Emily!

Noelle Reese said...

WOW! This is absolutly awaesome! i love it!

Crystal said...

Emily WOW I soooo love that flower you made!! You are sooo creative girl!!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your music note flower! Beautiful in evry way, Emily! So creative you are!

farmhouse-story said...

love your darling flower, emily!