Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding inspired....

Hello! In honor of today's Royal Wedding, I have a couple of cards to share using the princess4life set from The Stamps Of Life.  The first card uses the larger solid crown from this set and also some stamps from dictionary4me.  I used some Rich Razzleberry ink and paper, and sponged some lighter pink on the dictionary overlay.  The black alpha letters which spell "queen" are from K&Company.

The second card uses only stamps from the princess4life set.I glittered the heart on the princess "wand" and colored the rest with markers.  The white is embossed with divine swirls cuttlebug folder and the card base is pretty in pink by SU.  I tied some pink burlap string around the top from May Arts.

So what did you think about the Royal Wedding?  I missed parts of it because I worked at the hospital last night, but caught bits and pieces as most of my patients were tuned in to it!  I thought it was so cute when Kate came out onto the balcony for "the kiss" and said "oh, wow"!  I can't imagine being in the spotlight in front of ALL of those people.  Their kiss was a little lame (IMO), but I guess it was tasteful and what to be expected from the royal couple!  I thought Queen Elizabeth's bright yellow suit was a stitch! How cute is she?

Just some of my thoughts on the 68 million dollar spectacle.  Let me hear yours!

Thanks for stopping by! I am off to try to sleep...

Emily

5 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

What cute cards! I have not seen a minute of the wedding! It's weird, but I just don't care much about it LOL Weird huh?

Sherri said...

love that princess card! so cute.

farmhouse-story said...

so sweet, emily! i saw a bit of the wedding--68 million?!--wow!

Angi Barrs said...

Awww so sweet. Love your Royal Wedding inspired designs. I watched it all. Loved the dress. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I made a card inspired by royalty too! I like your second card, because it is dripping with sweetness for a little princess.

And...regarding the Queen's yellow suit, I heard a reporter on NBC say that the Queen always wears bright colors so she can be spotted. INteresting!