Monday, August 29, 2011

Where There Is Love...

Hello! Today I made a card with two challenges in mind.  The first is the CAS challenge over on SCS-to use kraft and bright primary colors on your card.

The next challenge is the ippity 1,2,3 challenge:
1 stamped image
2 different cardstocks
3 different patterned papers

My stamp is from the ippity set, Quotes a la Happy. I colored the heart and the "love" with copic markers after stamping it in Memento Rich Cocoa on a carstock tag.  I used three different Cosmo Cricket patterned paper strips behind the tag.  I sponged distress inks on the edge of my kraft card base and on the edges of my tag.  I added a vintage button from my stash over the hole in the tag.

This is a quick and easy layout that you could use for many different occasions, just by adding a different image or sentiment on the tag.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Emily

13 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

i really like this layout, emily:) such pretty colors, cute tag and perfect little button! have a great week!

Shauna K said...

love the stamped tag!!! I don't use them often enough on cards... must start doing that :)

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Great card. I love your layout of the different card stocks and the button is perfect. :) Good luck with the challenges.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute card!!! tfs!!

Bekah said...

I am really into tags right now (playing with Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls), so this is perfect inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a perfect LO and smart use of the items for the ippity challenge...fantastic card Emily!

Joanna said...

Congrats on winning the EAD color challenge! This card rocks! :)

Noelle Reese said...

What a cute card! I still need to join that challenge! I'm on it tonight LOL

Rona said...

OH MY GOODNESS this is adorable!!! Love the layout - love the CAS style and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabulous button!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous design. I love the 3different papers with the kraft. Adorable. :)

Crystal said...

OOOOOWEEE I love love this color combo,,, beautiful and such a great layout too Emily!!!

Mandy said...

super cute! love the color combo and simplicity of this card!

Emily Keaton said...

CONGRATULATIONS for winning the {ippity} challenge with this card, Emily!! Have a ton of fun shopping with your g.c., you lucky ducky!!!