Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jingle....

Hello!  Today I have a card in honor of my sweet friend, Tenia!  She is the featured stamper over on SCS today.  I chose THIS card in her gallery to be inspired by.  I really loved the layout of this card.  I centered my vertical banner, changed the colors and papers, but kept the general layout of her card.  I used some DP from Simple Stories 25 Days Of Christmas collection.  I used the Sugared embossing folder from Sizzix.  I then sponged distress inks over the raised pattern.  I added some green burlap twine from May Arts and a rusty jingle bell.

Are you all ready for the holidays?  I don't have to do anything for Thanksgiving.  My mom always puts on a wonderful Thanksgiving spread every year.  I show up with my side dish and enjoy the day.  So nice when you have kids to not have to worry about a big shin dig for lots of people.  As far as Christmas...totally not ready!  My kids haven't really given me a lot of ideas this year.  Usually, I am almost done with shopping by now!  I am going to start my decorating tomorrow! LOVE decorating the house for Christmas.  I usually clean each room really good and then put out the decorations for each room.  Tomorrow, I will start with my dining room.  My dining room is shabby chic in decor and so is the tree.  Fun, frilly and girly!  I am going to make some new vintage ornaments for the tree this year. Will try to post some photos this week of my holiday decor!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Emily, You'll have to take pictures of your decorations! And...this is my first year after 20 years of marriage hosting Thanksgiving! Yes..crazy I know! I do Christmas brunch, but my first Thanksgiving!

Love your card...especially the embossing with the slight inking. Fabulous!

Meg said...

What a wonderful vintage-y card! Love that Jingle sentiment and the sponged embossing folder!

Can't wait to see your decorations!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, emily, this is so very cute! love that santa--well, all of it!

i'd love to see your pics:)

Anonymous said...

wonderful vintage santa card. love the texture on the embossed background.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE everything about this card--love the embossing and distressing--love that santa and your bow! LOVE:)

Winnie said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the vintage feel of it. Thank you for taking the time to comment on a card of mine, it made my day and I was able to find your blog. I can't wait to follow along with your creations.