Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December Daily-I took the plunge!

Hello!  I decided to challenge myself this year to complete a December Daily album.  I did not get the scrapbooking done that I wanted to this year, so this will be my consolation prize!  I also think it is an amazing idea and project. The concept of a December Daily journal or book was developed by Ali Edwards.  You can read more about it and see her fab album HERE.  I made my album out of recycled cereal boxes covered with cardstock and inked up.  The album cover and back are 6.5 x 6.5 ".  The pages inside will be 6 x 6".  I like the idea of using double sided 6 x 6 pages to maximize the patterns on both the fronts and back.  I decided I will stick extra envelopes and things in as I complete the days.
This is the inside of the album cover.  I created a large tag with journaling about why I decided to create this album.
For day one I created a page dedicated to the many advent calendars we have in our house.  From chains, to chocolate to Star Wars Lego-we have a bunch!  The kraft envelope will hold more small photos of our advents along with some journaling about every one's favorite.

As I complete my December Daily pages I will blog them!  I will create a separate blog post for each day even if I complete a bunch in one day!  I am going to play "catch up" today! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

4 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Fabulous album, Emily! I love the bow. What a great idea to do a page a day!

Lynn said...

You go Emily...this is so fabulous!

Shauna K said...

cute!! lovin the tape measure ribbon and the twine advent chain :D

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful start to the album, emily! i did one last year, and it stressed me out way too much,-guess it wasn't for me:) so, i will come be amazed be yours this year!