Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby Invites....

Hello!  My mom called me yesterday and asked if I could whip up some invites for my sister, who is expecting.  My sister lives out of state, and is coming home the first week of February, so the invites had to be made and mailed in short order!

I used two stamps sets from The Stamps Of Life. The sentiment is from the sweet4babies set and the inside was made with the invites2create set.  I used some older Almost Amethyst DP for the punched baby carriage.  I ran a panel of white cardstock through the CB with my swiss dots embossing folder and added some sheer white dotted ribbon to match.

My sis is a bit of a diva (don't worry, I would say this to her face and I love her gobs), and.... she is very specific about what she doesn't want for her baby girl.  No pink. No hearts. No bows.  Uhhhhh, yeah...

No pink...check.
No hearts...check.
No bows...well....How could this card NOT have a bow? It is for a baby girl, and I decided it, along with the flower border on the maybe blue/maybe lavender colored baby carriage, would clue those in who didn't know.  So, what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sister is one lucky girl! They are gorgeous!!

Amy said...

These are so chic! You did a great job- lucky sister!! :)Amy

Kate said...

I think it turned out great. Your sister is so lucky to have you.

Hugs,
Kate

Emily Keaton said...

Emily, these invites are adorable! Your sister is so lucky to have custom-created shower invitations. LOVE them!

canadian_liner said...

SUCH sweet cards, Emily! Make sure you keep a sample for your sister's baby book...wonder who will be making that?!

linda m said...

I just love The Stamps of Life...I have used them for so much. What a cute invite--so baby sweet! I have a SIL who really didn't like pink either for her girls. The bow was the perfect "girlie" touch! Where is the flower border from? Is it a punch or a pre-made item?
Thanks for inspiring with all your beautiful work :)

Noelle Reese said...

LOL I just made 41 invites for our niece and she is very specific too! LOL Those new Mama's know what they want! We love them no matter what! Your cards are beautiful and she is going to LOVE them!

farmhouse-story said...

gotta love a girl who knows what she likes:) your invites are darling, even without the pink!

Lynn said...

Emily, this is so sweet! I love the little carriage and of course you needed the bow!!

Anonymous said...

Pefrect! I think you have satisfied her requirements and still have a perfectly sweet baby invite. And I agree... the bow is a must.

Angi Barrs said...

Love these sweet cards. :)

Susie said...

What a nice surprise this is! I'm going to be a brand new, first time grandmother in July and I'm working on several proofs for my daughter-in-laws baby shower. All of our grown children like the contemporary CAS designs.

You have achieved both a CAS and "sweetness" look by using ribbon and embossing. It's darling and fills my need for cute : ) Thank you Emily.