Friday, January 27, 2012

FWF-Bicycle Birthday Wishes...

Hello.  Happy Friday!! Today I am sharing a bicycle birthday card I made with a Unity itty bitty (bicycle image) and the sentiment is actually from the July 2010 KOTM.  I use the type font sentiments from that kit a lot.  I am getting an arsenal of birthday cards ready for the spring.  We have a ton of spring birthday's in our family, including all of my boys.  My birthday card stash has dwindled, so time to restock!  The strip of DP is from Basic Grey's Life of The Party collection.  I added some baker's twine from The Twinery to the top and to the button on the pennant.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  We are off to buy a new TV.  Our TV is mounted over our fireplace in the family room.  About a month ago, my oldest was throwing a tube of chapstick at the wall (why he was doing that, I have no clue)!  It ended up hitting right smack dab in the middle of the TV screen and shattered something inside, so now we have two lovely, bright pink lines going through the middle of the screen!  We decided to wait forl all of the Super Bowl TV sales to replace it.  Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

24 comments:

Kate said...

Absolutely love this card. Good shopping for the new TV.

Hugs,
Kate

Jennifer said...

LOVE this adorable card!!! What a great image and I love the twine!!! (=

Lynn said...

Good luck TV shopping. I think we will be doing the same thing. Might see you at Best Buy :)

I love your card...the overlapping of the bikes is awesome!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the pops of bright color!

Lisa H. said...

sooooo cute! love those bright colors and the twine, emily!

Kary said...

Emily, your card is SO pretty!! Love the image and the bright colours!! Happy buying a new tv! I need a new tv as well (the old one died) ;)

~Tammy~ said...

I really like the PP at the bottom and the twine at the top frames your card nicely!

Jen M said...

Love your card with the bright colors and twine! Good luck tv shopping! :)

Crystal said...

I just LOVE this card, it really has style! Your distressing is fantastic and the bright PP's are perfect!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the fun colors & bikes on this. Have fun TV shopping. :)

Eva said...

Love the fun card you created. Have fun shopping for the tv - and hide all the chapsticks :)

Ruby said...

Very fun card. Love it.

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE this card. I'm sorry...I did have to laugh at your TV story! When my husband was in high school he threw a tube of chapstick into the ceiling fan (seemed like a good idea at the time...)..it knocked the chapstick out of the plastic and the chapstick hit my MIL square in the neck in the kitchen...she thought she had been shot! LOL!

Linda said...

cute birthday card I love it!

Sarah said...

Great card! Love the paper you used and those stamps are fab! Have fun TV shopping I am sure you'll find something great :)

JPScraps said...

I really love the card. The papers and embellishments look wonderful.

Natasha G.P. said...

Simple, yet not. Very nice

Emily Keaton said...

This is delightful, Emily!! I love those bicycles, and the colored DP is so cheery. Good luck finding a TV!

farmhouse-story said...

love how you've used the bikes, emily:) hope tv shopping goes well--gotta have a tv for the game:)

Amy said...

This is such a pretty card- love those bicycle stamps and CAS style! :)Amy

ddazzled71 said...

I love your beautiful birthday card, the strips really set off the CAS Design. Good luck with your TV Shopping.

Tameko said...

Fun card. Nice twine detail .

Jenny said...

Chapstick really? Better hide mine :) Love your card!

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card:) Love the bicycle stamp!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com