Monday, January 30, 2012

Have I Told You Lately....

Hello!  Today I am sharing a card using the hope4us (heart image) and the quote2love (sentiment) sets from The Stamps Of Life.  I really love the bold images in the hope4us set.  I stamped the heart in black on a scrap of DP leftover from my Authentique Wonder paper pad.  I also used some old text from a book.  I tore, inked and layered the paper behind the heart.
Always remember when you are using text from old books to scan what it says before adhering it to your card.  This is a card about love, but I noticed one of my torn papers, had a quote about death on it...not really appropriate!  Glad I caught it before gluing it down on the card!  :)
Hope you all had a fab weekend.  We were busy with basketball games, game night with neighbors, and a birthday party at Pump It Up.  We hadn't been there in a couple of years, so it was fun to jump around with the boys.  My parents even joined in the fun.  I can sure feel it in my legs and behind today with all of that jumping and climbing!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

12 comments:

Kate said...

Your card is so pretty. You really need to teach me how to tie my twine line that.

Hugs,
Kate

Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful card!

Crystal said...

LOVE it the twine is GREAT!!!!

Lynn said...

I love that torn paper and I'm laughing about the one you didn't use...sounds like something I would do! Love the CAS layout!

Emily Keaton said...

Tee, hee!! I know what you mean about scanning the text for appropriateness!! Glad you caught the death quote before you glued it down on this terribly sweet card. Love it, Emily!

Bekah said...

Love this, and good tip about using old books!

canadian_liner said...

Great card, Emilly. I like your use of the old text, and your tip about scanning for content first! Isn't that "hope4us" set great? THe images look really good stamped on patterned paper. Thanks for the continued inspiration!

Amy said...

So Pretty! :)Amy

Melina said...

very pretty Emily! I love how you tied the twine :)

Sherrie K. said...

Very pretty Emily!!! I really like how creative you were to tear paper from an old book. Would have never thought to do that and I just love the effect!! Your bow is gorgeous!! Nice design:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

I love the kraft, red, and torn paper. Lovely design. :)

Anonymous said...

ha, i've had that happen before. glad you could find a more happy section to glue down. Lovely card.