Sunday, July 15, 2012

Go Fish Challenge 21: Christmas in July!


Hello! It is time for another Go Fish Challenge and this week's theme is Christmas in July!  I created this card with some Heartfelt Creations stamps and some boxwood clippings from my yard.  Make sure you let those clippings dry for several days before adhering them to your craft projects. If you don't, they can get moldy...Ewwwww!

On a side note, this will be my last Go Fish challenge as a designer. I have decided to step down and work on some other things for the time being.  I have certainly enjoyed every minute being on this team.  I want to say a great big thank you to C and Kate!  You have both  been fabulous and so easy to work for! HUGS!

Here are the instructions for my card:

HCPC 3449-Door To My Heart PreCut Set
HCPC 3440-Vintage Door PreCut Set
other supplies: white and kraft cardstock, Chocolate ink by Clearsnap, copic markers (E35, E43), Gold metallic marker from Creative Memories, dried clippings from boxwoods in my yard, baker's twine from The Twinery, Tombow multi glue, 1.25" and 3/4" circle punches.
Fold white cardstock to create a base that measures 4.25" x 5.5".  Stamp door in chocolate ink onto kraft cardstock and cut out.  Use copic markers to shade door.  Color door handle with metallic marker.  Next, use circle punches and a scrap of green paper to create a wreath shape.  This will be your template when gluing down your wreath.  I used Tombow multi adhesive I cover my entire template with glue and let it dry to the point of being slightly tacky.  I then add my boxwood clippings to cover.  I created a baker's twine blow and adhered to the bottom of my wreath. Adhere cut out door to center of white base. Stamp sentiment in chocolate ink centered under bottom of door.  Adhere wreath to center of door when completely dry.

I hope you have time to play along with us!

Emily

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Kate said...

I love your card like always, so pretty. I am going to miss you so much! Hope your having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Kate

Lynn said...

Wow! What a great start to your Christmas cards. This is gorgeous.

Kraftin' Kathie said...

Such a beautiful card Emily...and such a neat idea on using live plants...I never would have thought of it. Thanks for inspiring! Kathie

Sarah C said...

How pretty and I love how you used the green clippings. What a great and creative idea!! Best of luck too on your next endeavors :-)

Tonya said...

Emily, this is awesome. So creative and just so beautiful.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a super sweet comment, hun. I wish we lived closer, we sure would get together and color together. :o) Have a beautiful day!

Sherrie K. said...

This is way cool Emily!!! That's such a great idea to add to your card-great texture and love the twine bow:) Nice job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Sorry, to see your stepping down :( I am sure they will all miss you at Go Fish! Your creations are amazing!
Keep in touch:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

C Stephens said...

Lovely card Emily. The wreath is fantastic!

Amy said...

Love this card Emily! So pretty and I love the wreath! Will miss you at Go Fish- it's been awesome designing with you! You are the CAS queen! :)Amy