Saturday, September 1, 2012

TSOL: Trees4Christmas

So excited for this new Christmas set from The Stamps Of Life.  It is called Trees4Christmas.  I am such a sucker for holiday stamps.  I can not resist even though I have too many, as it is.  I couldn't wait to paper piece this tree.  I went for a country/folksy feel on the card above.  My snow mound is maybe a bit to big on the right.  Maybe wishful thinking for lots of snow this year?  My boys never even wore their snow boots or pants last year! Just dustings of snow for us, so I know they are wishing for some big snows this year, too!
I created the star background just stamping the star from this set repeatedly in white ink.
Here is another card using a different tree from this set.  I added some glitter to the star and some red glitter over the dots on the tree.  I mimicked the dots on the strip of patterned paper at the bottom and used some yellow baker's twine to tie in the yellow in the star.

There are some great circular sentiment in this set, too.  I will be showing a card using one of those later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by, and hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend!

Emily

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love, love, love both of these...especially the snow hill on the first!

Angi Barrs said...

Love these fabulous trees. So super fun for Christmas. Have a fun Labor Day weekend!