Friday, April 3, 2009

Babies, Leaves and a Hip Hop Hangover!

Hello! I made these cards for the Unity challenges for Hip Hop yesterday. We had to make a baby card. I thought this chick and this sentiment from the March KOTM were perfect! I distressed all of the edges with a distressing tool and sponged some brown ink on the edges and even on my ribbon. I used some SU markers to add faux stitching around the borders. I was going for a vintage, shabby chic look. I think it turned out super cute! The ribbon is so saffron and the DP is delicate dots, both are from SU's Sale-a-bration catty.

For this card, the challenge was to use no more than three layers, and no more than three colors on our card (neutrals didn't count). My card base is kraft, and I framed the stamped images on chocolate chip. I stamped the images with baja breeze, chocolate chip and kiwi kiss. I added some antiqued brads in the corners and some jute twine at the top. I distressed the edges on this card too.


Hope you have a fabulous Friday!

Emily

19 comments:

Jan said...

Wonderful cards, Emily! Love the distressing!

Nancy said...

The distressing is awesome! Beautiful cards!!

Laura L said...

Both cards are beautiful! The blue and yellow card is so sweet - I just love it!

Kristen Carll said...

Emily these cards are gorgeous!!! :) I love the second one! So naturally beautiful! And the first one is sooooo sweet!

Jacqueline said...

Love these both!!! Wowwy! great cards, love the distressing!!

Lisa F said...

Love them! Love the colors, distressing, layouts!

whoistracy said...

Oh Emily, these are lovely!! Especially the second. Gonna have to CASE that!

Unknown said...

Both cards "loverly" and congrats on the win last night!

Patti said...

I love the distressed edges on these. Great cards, Emily.

Karen said...

great cards! love the yellow and blue chickie card!

Scrapacat said...

Congrats on the win! Your cards are outstanding!
~ky

Dawn M said...

love, love, love the second card!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are awesome, Emily!! Well done!!! tfs!!
-t

Cheri said...

Your baby card is so sweet! And I love the simplicity of the "sending happy thoughts" card!

Lisa H. said...

Emily! your cards rock! congrats on winning. I am totaly casing your leaf card, great design.

Maria said...

These are awesome!

Randi said...

So pretty!!! I love the Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip together!! I need to try that!!
Congrats on winning!!!

Abi Bundy said...

great cards emily!

Denise said...

Gorgeous Cards.....wow you blow me away!!!!