Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thinking of You...

Hello! Today I have a card to share using some of my older ippity stamps.  This particular set is called Music Of My Heart.  I wanted to try to participate in some of the WCMD challenges, so this is my entry for the "coloring" challenge over at Unity!  I colored my sweet, little birdie with Prisma pencils.  I also made this card for Tenia's HYCCT challenge over on SCS.  She challenged us to use a music theme, and the color pink, so I immediately thought of this set.
One more challenge-The Drunken Stampers challenge 100-think pink!
I hope you have had a fun and fabulous weekend!  Max had to have a tonsillectomy, and a new set of ET tubes in his ears on Tuesday, so we have just been hanging out at home.  We have had some very yummy meals prepared for us this week from my mom, sister and friend.  He has been a trooper through it all, with a couple of "break mom's heart" moments mixed in.  Not fun to see your kid in pain, and a couple of mornings he woke up screaming and crying, just not sure what was going on!  He even said to me one morning, "Mommy! What is happening to me!"  He is such a sweet, quiet, docile kid, that I knew he had to be hurting really bad.
I hope to have him back to school on Tuesday, so we shall see.  I hate that he has missed an entire week of school.  Max has some speech and motor delays, along with learning disabilities.  He has done really well so far in kindergarten, and I am so thankful that I held him back an extra year in pre-school.
Those decisions are so hard to make at the time, and even though you know in your gut it is the right thing to do, there are always those lingering questions that grab at your heart. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Emily

6 comments:

Kate said...

AWWW I hope Max feels better soon, it is so hard when they get sick :(.


Your card is perfect like always, you know I love all of them.

Hugs,
Kate

Noelle Reese said...

I'll be praying for Max poor guy. I love your card E!

Donna said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers this week for the "Think Pink" challenge!
Hope Max feels better real soon!

Sherrie K. said...

Aaw, so sorry to hear about Max. What a bummer and I know there is nothing worse for a Mom than to see her little munchkins sick. Hang in there Emily. I will say some prayers that he heals quickly.

your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the music note background and the bird is so gorgeous! Nice job on the coloring:)

Hugs,
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely DARLING!!Love the birdie and music background!

Jackie said...

This is just so sweet and darling. Great job! Thank you for joining us this week at the Drunken Stampers Challenge!

Jackie, Drunken Stampers DT