Monday, May 20, 2013

Clearsnap guest blogger!

Hello!  I am happy to be the guest blogger over at Clearsnap today! My card today features inks and sprays by Stephanie Barnard for Clearsnap.  I love the look of sprays for creating wonderful backgrounds.  On this card, I used sprays in Bubblegum and Grape. I used an emboss resist technique by stamping the frame6background stamp in Top Boss embossing ink, and then sprinkling with clear embossing powder. I then used a heat tool to set.
Next, I sprayed my Bubblegum and Grape sprays over the embossed panel.  I used a cloth to wipe away the excess.  I continued to add spray and repeat this process until I got the color variation I liked.  Next, I added some black sequins using Glue Gloss to adhere them to the solid images in the background.

I used my Stephanie Barnard/Sizzix Fancy Labels #4 die to cu,t and then stamped the label and sentiment using the labels4cutting set (TSOL) with Licorice ink.  Licorice is my new "go to" black dye ink. I love the deep, true black you get when using this ink pad.   I used foam dots to adhere the label to my card base.
I hope you you give this technique a try using your spray inks!  It's so much fun and I love that you get an unexpected, different look every time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations my friend, this card is really pretty. love the design.

Roxie said...

The sprays results are fabulous so eye catching!