Friday, February 13, 2009

Whoo Loves You? HHH

Hello! I made this card for this past week's Unity sketch challenge. I will be giving this to my son for Valentine's Day. All of the DP is from Colorbok's Friendly Forest collection-I am addicted! The sentiment is hand written. I ran out in the rain to snip a twig off of a bush and then had to dry it out with my heat gun since it was wet! LOL! I paper pieced the owl and hand cut the hearts at the bottom from DP. The background stamp is distressed dots from USC.

The strip of scallop edged paper at the top is DP. Someone asked me if they were stamped. The only stamping is the distressed dot background and the owl! The little animals on the top are just part of the paper, and the Unity owl just happens to go really well with it!

Have a fabulous Friday!

Emily

17 comments:

Katy said...

what a great boy valentine! I love it! It has so much texture to it.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous card Emily!! Love it!!

Kerry said...

Adorable owl and pp! Love that you used an actual stick too!

Anonymous said...

What a great masculine card!

Bizzy Bee Creates said...

Love those owls, TFS

thescrapmaster said...

Oh this is so cute!! I love the blog remodel too btw!

~Samantha

JenMarie said...

OMGosh how CUTE!

Betty J Schaub said...

very cute!!!

Lee said...

Oh how caaaauuuuute!!!! That dp is sooo awesome!! I love that little owl!!!

Kristen Carll said...

ooo Emily I love this! :)It looks super cute with the paper!

Michele Kovack said...

Super cute card!!!

Dawn M said...

clever idea!!

Shemaine Smith said...

Very cute and very clever!!!

Ashley Newell said...

How awesome is this Emily? I really like the paper piecing!

Abi Bundy said...

love the owl!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is way too cute..OMGoodness!!
-t

Denise said...

Oh this is my new fav!!!! I just adore your card!!! You are so talented!!!!! I can see why you are addicted to Friendly Forest collection.. I gotta find me some!!