Sunday, July 1, 2012

Go Fish Challenge #20-Thank You card

Hi there! Time for another Go Fish Challenge!  We are challenging you to make a thank you card using your favorite color.  You will rarely see me wearing the color pink, but I LOVE pink when it comes to cardmaking! Maybe it is because I live in a house with 4 boys?
For this card I used two The Stamps Of Life sets-chevron2stamp and phrases to say.  The zig-zags are actually one large stamp.  To get the shade variation, I stamped the entire thing in Stephanie's Guava ink (clearsnap). I then took a piece of scrap paper (you know the kind kids use in school to practice their writing? It is very thin and absorbs ink well.) I layed it over just the top zig-zag and let it absorb the ink and then carefully removed it.  I love the kind of distressed look I got.  I promptly went into my little guys craft area and took some more of their paper (they have oodles) to stash in my desk.  I will definitely use this technique again!
I hope you get a chance to play along with us at Go Fish Challenge!

Emily

5 comments:

Sarah C said...

Cute! Loving the pink :-) Great job!

Tonya said...

Emily, the technique gave a fabulous look. I will have to try that. Your card is so pretty.

I do not wear pink either, but like you I do love it for cards.

Kate said...

This is so CUTe. Love it. Hope your having fun with the family. We will Miss you.

Hugs,
kate

Sherrie K. said...

Love this!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Awesome CAS card- loving the pink!!! :)Amy