Monday, July 23, 2012

Flying High...

Hello! Today I wanted to share a card I made with the newly release dies from The Stamps Of Life.  The dies match the kites2fly set, and make paper piecing fast and easy! I pieced the kite with My Mind's Eye DP scraps.  I stamped  the clouds and then added the sentiment inside.  The bird silhouettes are also images from this set.  I created my kite string from baker's twine from The Twinery.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Hubby and I had a date night on Friday night, and we also helped my baby sis and BIL move into their new house.  Yesterday we took the boys to The Cincinnati Zoo in the morning before it got crazy hot.  They recently re-structured their tiger exhibit, and it was awesome!  Beautifully landscaped like the rest of the zoo, and my boys were thrilled to be able to see the tigers "up close".  Previously, you had to view them from a far, but now you can literally walk right up to the glass where they are laying.  Max LOVES tigers so he was thrilled to be able to put his hand against the glass and "pet" the tiger!  It was a busy, but very fun filled weekend.

Emily

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute card!!! Glad you had a super awesome weekend!!

Lynn said...

Oh how fun on the zoo...we'll have to go and check out the new exhibit!

Love the sentiment in the clouds..too cute!

Angi Barrs said...

Love your adorable kite with twine. Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!

Kraftin' Kathie said...

Simply adorable...perfect! Kathie

farmhouse-story said...

we were hoping to get to the columbus zoo this summer, but, i think i'll wait till it cools a bit:) cute card, emily:)