Monday, July 9, 2012

You Are The Sharpest Crayon In The Box!

Hello! Today I wanted to share another "crayon" card using new release stamps from The Stamps Of Life.  I used both the crayons2stamp and words4crayons sets for this card. I also used the square flip-it die from Sizzix and available at TSOL store.  One thing that is fun about the crayon sets, are the color words.  Along with blue, red, green, etc....you also get Stephanie's exclusive ink color words, like blueberry and tangerine.  Those are the ink colors I used on my card.  These flip-it dies are so much fun to use!  I think this would be a cute card to give to a graduate-both young or old!
The crayon is fun and easy to stamp.  First I stamped my crayons in the blueberry and tangerine ink.  I then stamped the black outline of the crayon over and added the appropriate color word to the crayon.  The flowers are part of the crayons2stamp set.  I love that they look chunky, as if one of my six year olds really drew them with a crayon!

On a personal note, I just got back from a wonderful vacation to Northern Michigan with my family.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed every single minute.  My parents have a cottage on an island in the UP.  This was a very special year, as it was the 20th anniversary of the cottage.  My dad actually designed and built the house.  So many wonderful memories that can now be shared and passed on to my boys.  When we are on "island time" we are also "unplugged"!  It gets harder every year to not have internet, but in a way, it is kind of nice too.  I can not wait to catch up on all of your blogs.  I got a start last night, after unpacking and doing some laundry, but today I plan to spend the whole day in front of the screen! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by,

Emily

6 comments:

Lynn said...

This is so cute! Love the interactiveness of this card! So glad you had a wonderful vacation!

Tonya said...

Emily, this is so cute. I love the crayons.

So happy you had a great vacation. Going unplugged for a week would be very difficult, but it is really something we should all do! We all need quality time with our families without technology. I commend you all for doing it! Hmmm you may have just inpired me for next year! :o)

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun! Must get that crayon stamp. :) Hope you had a fun vaca!

Kate said...

What a cool Card.

Hugs,
Kate
Scrappers Creative Corner

Sherrie K. said...

Love your card Emily!! Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sounds like a beautiful place to go... TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Angel said...

Welcome to Stretch Your Stamps. As a hands on learner I am sure you will love this class. Jump in, get inky and you will love all the techniques you will be learning each day from some amazing instructors. Can't wait to see your own creations in the daily galleries. Enjoy.