Monday, June 20, 2011

PDCC86-A "Thank You" card

It didn't take long for me to get down in my craft room and create a card!  I decided to play along with The Play Date Cafe challenge.  The colors just scream summer to me!  I used some of my echo park "Splash" patterned paper and the stamp is from The Stamps Of Life, banners4all set.  I added some pink twine from The Twinery to finish it off. 

I made this a "thank you" card because I noticed that I do not have a lot in my stash.  How did that happen?  I file away my cards after I make them into different categories, so that when I need a card for a certain occasion, I can find it easily.  I also periodically go through my cards and bundle them up and donate them to different organizations or nursing homes.  I have also gotten better about mailing out my cards instead of hoarding them!  

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

15 comments:

Shauna K said...

this is definitely a summer card!! love the rows of scallops :D

farmhouse-story said...

play date always has such beautiful colors--just love your card:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness dearie!!!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Another great card! Love your work!

Noelle Reese said...

I love the rows of scallops E! What a beautiful card!!

Virginia L. said...

Love all the scallop borders and circle!! What a sweet card! Congrats on the pub in the latest Papercraft issue! So happy to see your name in it :)

Lynn said...

Love all those scallops!

Emily Leiphart said...

You are so organized, filing by category, Emily! Love this gorgeous card.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet, I love the layers of paper.

lisa a.

Unknown said...

First Emily, this card is gorgeous...loooove the white space cause it really makes everything 'pop'! And oh my...can you come to my house and categorize my cards please? *smile* I used to file them and haven't in a while, so they end up in a big box and of course have no idea what I have! Thanks for inspiring with this card of beauty...and for making me think about getting organized! Have a fab day!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I like the patterns you've chosen, especially that blue paper. A great CAS design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Angi Barrs said...

Love that paper and the bright and fun colors. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Emily, it's so good to see you. :) I think these PDCC colors scream summer, too. I love those scalloped borders and your clean design. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe! Hope things are better with you. THinking of ya!

Anonymous said...

So fresh and clean it reminds me of summer! Love the scallop borders.

Julie Ranae said...

Such a beautiful design Emily....it's so great to have you play along with us in The Cafe this week : )