Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eat more cake!



Hi there!  Today's card features stamps from Tradefish Designs, Another Year stamp set, .  I pieced the cake with My Mind's Eye Lime Twist DP, and then added some "frosting" to the cake with a snow marker.  I layered it onto the pink polka dot patterned paper and then stamped the sentiment directly on the DP.  I love to stamp sentiments onto DP as long as it is light enough to read and not to busy.  I added some baker's twine to the bottom to tie it all together.  This is such a fun birthday set.  Lot's of fun birthday sentiments, a balloon, a party hat and a pennant to create banners.  Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques!  Love stamping on my patterned papers.  The 6x6 pads are perfect for cards since the patterns are on a smaller scale.

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

10 comments:

Kate said...

Love the cake and what you did with the icing. Love polka dots.

Hugs
Kate

Lynn said...

Love the colors and all the polka dots!!

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...love that frosting. :) And the polka dots are so fun.

farmhouse-story said...

thats the cutest cake and i love your frosting, emily:)...ok, i'd love any frosting!

Shauna K said...

fabulous!! love the color combo and the great touch of twine :D and that frosting!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Emily! I love everything about it!

Emily Keaton said...

Super sweet, Emily! I love the puffy frosting accents. :)

Anonymous said...

this is yummy!

lisa a.

Meg said...

Ooooh, what a fabby card! Lime Twist in one of my current favorite paper packs. I love the frosting-looks good enough to eat!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Wow! great paper piecing and frosting. Tradefish is new to me. I'm lucky to have a blog friend in you, Em, to keep me in the know. Loved their stamp sets!