Friday, June 8, 2012

The Stamps Of Life: Turtle2love

Hello! Today I have a few cards to share using this month's The Stamps Of Life club release-turtles2love.  This set is a lot of fun because there are so many cool things to do with the different shells.  In the card above, I did exactly what the set was meant for-turtles! I stamped the solid shell in Certainly Celery ink, and then stamped the dots in Old Olive.  The dew drops were added as "bubbles".
In the card above, I used one of the patterned turtle shells to create a pattern.  I then used a sentiment from the sympathy4you set to stamp along the diagonal.  You would never know that shape was meant for a turtle shell, now would you?
Last, I have a graduation card I made with yet another turtle shell design.  I also used the big swirl from swirls2build in the background. Love how Stephanie's sets coordinate with each other.  It gives you so many possibilities while stamping!
I hope you are inspired to find a stamp in your stash and use it in a way it was never meant to be used!!

edit: I added this to Virginia's "stretch you stamps" challenge. It fits perfectly and you don't have to submit a new post!

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

5 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love the baubles on that first card and the design you created on the first card.

Kate said...

You have been a busy bee. But all those cards are so Pretty like always. Love the baubles on the first card too.

Hugs,
Kate

C Stephens said...

Super cute!

Emily Keaton said...

These cards are so sweet and fun. I love that cute turtle!

Virginia L. said...

What a creative way to STRETCH your stamp is such a CREATIVE way, Emily! I would never know it's part of the turtle shell stamp until you mentioned!! AWESOME work, my friend! Thanks for linking your card for "How I stretch my Stamps" challenge!