Saturday, September 26, 2009

In memory of Cole Edward Fisher-EIC55


I wanted to take a moment today, to remember Cole Edward Fisher.  Cole was the son of one of my life long, long distance friends, Tanya.  We met almost 30 years ago while camping in Tennessee.  We were pen pals for many years when we were younger. 
Cole was diagnosed with stage 3 anaplastic astrocytoma on April 23, 2007.  Cole lost his battle with brain cancer two years ago on September 26, 2007.  He was six years old.  Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers today.  To find out more about Cole's story, click HERE.

Today's Etsy store is The Salty Cat Co. Lot's of beautiful jewelry for your inspiration today.  Please make sure that you link your creation back to the Etsy Inspired Challenge blog HERE.  Also remember to use keyword EIC55 when uploading to online galleries.  A random winner will be chosen next Friday from the entries to win the gorgeous copper braclet shown below.  Can't wait to see what you come up with for the challenge!





8 comments:

de said...

Such a beautiful layout and tribute. Such a sad story. My thoughts and prayers are with Cole's family on the anniversary of his passing.

Kristen Carll said...

Emily I am thinking of Cole today hun! Love and prayers to his family! You made a beautiful layout of him hun {hugs}

Lisa Foster said...

This is a fabulous page, Em. What a beautiful tribute to Cole. My prayers go out to Cole's family...I can't imagine how hard this (and every) day is for them. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Lisa

Kerry said...

Many prayers for Cole's family. Beautiful layout of this extra special and I am sure dearly missed boy!

StampinCathy said...

What a great layout. My prayers are with his family.

Ashley Newell said...

Oh Emily, I'm so sorry for your loss! What a wonderful layout! I will keep you and his family in my prayers. Hugs!

Teresa Kline said...

so sweet of you to take time to reflect and remember, I will be praying for this family.

Heather Schlatter said...

Emily,

Wow such a touching story so sweet of you to share his story and remember him on the day he passed away!!! I can not even contemplate what it would be like to loose a child!!

Your layout is so special and wonderful!!!

Heather