Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sea glass Inspired card!


Hello!  Having trouble sleeping, so I decided to give the EAD Designs color challenge a try!  This color challenge had me stumped, but I really wanted to use these colors.  I decided to use some elements from one of my Caffinated Cropper kits.  I pulled out some of the Pink Paislee glitter alphas, and the little flourish squiggles are EAD vinyl rub ons from the same kit-The beez kneez.  I think it is sold out, but her kits are fab, as are EAD vinyl rub ons!  LOVE em!  I have one in my family room, and Emily custom made some for my little boys room to match their bed spreads!  Here is my card:


It's kind of crazy and bright, but I like how it turned out!  I added some bling to the black vinyl rub-ons and the ribbon is from Mark's Finest Papers.  The stamp up in the corner is from Scrollworks, and I honestly don't remember what it is called.  It looked kind of fishing nettish (this is so NOT a word), so I slapped it on!
LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

EMILY

6 comments:

de said...

Ewwww! GORGEOUS! These are some of my fav colors! And I LOVE those glitter alphas that came in the kit! PERFECT!

StampinCathy said...

This is just stunning. Love the color combo and how you did this challenge.

Dawn B. said...

I think you should submit this Emily...LOVE it. I was looking at all the card publications and this is the style now... Great job.. I really like these colors.

Jenn said...

This card is beautiful! Thank for playing along! :D

Angela said...

Love your take on the challenge! Great use of the rubons and i like the added bling! Awesome job!

de said...

Emily you won! Check out the EAD blog for deets!