Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Stamps Of Life October Release-Penguins4Christmas

Hi there! Today I am sharing two cards I made with the new release from The Stamps Of Life, penguins4Christmas.  So many cute images in this set and I love the font for the sentiments!  The first card I simply colored in parts of my penguin and the present and cut him out and stuck him on the white horizontal strip after stamping my sentiment.  I ran the green panel through my Cuttlebug and added a baker's twine bow to the corner.
On the second card I created a snowy backdrop for my penguin.  I added the Santa hat and candy cane to jazz him up a bit.  I also put some glitter on my snow mounds and on the Santa hat.

I also have been having lots of fun using Stephanie's new ink pads.  The colors are so bold.  The stamp pads are super juicy, so no need to press hard, but they dry super quick.  The pad itself is raised, which I like so that you can drag it across the edges of your paper if needed for distressing.

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable times 2!!! how cute are those penguins and your cards are double adorable.

Emily Keaton said...

Love, love, love penguins--these are super cute!! Great new stamp set. :)

Crystal said...

These are totally ADORABLE!!!!! I LOVE the snow on the second one Emily!!! So much fun girl!

Shauna K said...

oh my goodness- that penguin is tooo cute!! love these layouts and textures :D

farmhouse-story said...

such cute cards, emily! love the sweet face of the penguins and your bkgds are perfect:)

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww love those sweet little penguins. :)