Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December Daily: Day eighteen

Please scroll down for my Heartfelt Creations post!
Day eighteen-I included a photo of Max and his speech therapist.  He took her a gift, and I wanted to include her in our album, as she has done so very much for Max. 
About a year and a half ago, we found out our insurance would no longer pay for speech therapy, because Max has developmental disabilities and not a medical diagnosis.  I remember feeling so sad and angry, as I knew that without insurance our visits to Children's hospital were $200 a visit!  I did some research and found a private practice of speech pathologists.  At $40 a visit, this was a bit cheaper then our co-pay at Children's hospital.  I was elated!  After several months, I knew that it was a blessing.  Ms. Carey is AMAZING at her job, and did more with Max in a couple of months, then the speech therapist at Children's had done in several years.  Do not get me wrong...I LOVE Children's hospital, and they have been wonderful to us in so many ways.  The only thing I have ever been unhappy with was the speech and OT.  It just goes to show that sometimes something awful can really turn into something wonderful!
I also made some cookie cutter fudge for my hubby to pass out to his employees.  In the past, I use the metal cookie cutters, but the colored ones are quite festive.  I just matched my baker's twine to the color of the cookie cutter.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my album!

Emily

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad that something that seemed negative turned into a positive!

The cookie cutter fudge looks delicious :)

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute, Emily! I think you'll be really good at Project Life since you are so on top of your Dec Daily. :)

Caroline D. said...

You're making a great daily album and it looks like you and your family are having so much fun with all your Christmas celebrations! Enjoy!

Linda Jordan said...

Your album is gorgeous!! I'm glad you figured something out for speech therapy, getting the right services are so important!!

Linda