Friday, January 16, 2009

OMGosh...I am FREEZING!

Holy cow! I just got off work, and I am FREEZING! My van never really warmed up on the ten minute ride home from the hosital. The snot was freezing inside of my nose and I had to keep blinking because it felt like my eyeballs were freezing!

I can't wait to curl up in bed and sleep! I may set the alarm so that I have a few hours of stamping time before I have to go get the boys from the sitters! LOL!

I don't think I mentioned it, but I decided to go back to work part time! YAY! I am an RN and work at the local hospital on the step down unit and also fill in for the nursing supervisors when they need time off. I have stayed PRN since the twins were born to keep my "foot in the door", but have missed my job! I am only working two nights a week (I LOVE night shift) so the boys will only go to the sitter one or two days a week. I think it will be good for them and definitely good for me! Being a SAHM is the HARDEST dang job I have ever done in my life! Love my boys to death, but I feel like I have lost a little bit of ME, and by working I will get some of that back. I also am going to work hard to lose the 30 pounds I gained after I had the twins. Yeah, I know...I said AFTER! I am a big stress eater and piled on the pounds AFTER giving birth to them! Only I could manage that!

Okay, haven't done a recipe in a few weeks so here is a quick and easy chicken casserole that everyone seems to like. Enjoy the day and stay warm!

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 can of cream of celery soup

1 box of stove top stuffing mix

2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

3-4 chicken breasts

Boil chicken breasts. I like to use boneless. Shred the chicken up or cut into small chunks. Mix soup, stuffing mix, chicken, 1 cup of the cheese and 1 cup of the broth from boiling the chicken in a large bowl.

Put this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese on the top and cook for 5 more minutes. This is super yummy and great for cold winter days when it is so cold that your snot freezes inside of your nose!

7 comments:

Jan said...

It was like 8 degrees outside this morning when I got up to walk the dogs and that is really COLD for us here in SC.

Thanks for the recipe! Looks delicious!

thescrapmaster said...

Man that casserole looks superb! My fiance doesn't each cheese (I know. . . WEIRDO!!!) so I will have to try it without it.

I totally understand the need to work. I don't have children, but I think I would go crazy being a SAHM. Going to work is good for you emotionally and that will make you a better mother too because you will enjoy it. I am proud of you for it :)

It isn't quite that cold here, but it is getting there. . .

~Samantha

Unknown said...

Mmmmm thanks for the yummy sounding recipe! Looks good for a cold winter day! It was sooooooo cold here yesterday!

Tenia Nelson said...

This looks very good!! Yum Yum!!

Bekah said...

congrats on going back to work!

Nancy said...

Yummy recipe...love casseroles! And, no one here in the south understands about your nose hairs freezing, but they do!! Growing up in Western NY taught me all there is to know about cold winters! And, I too gained weight after my daughter was born...I'm still trying to get it off!

Lisa Foster said...

Oooo...yummy casserole! Congrats on going back to work...I'm a nurse too, I work in an outpatient surgery center. I'm on a LOA right now, but I think when I go back, it's just going to be part time...I love my job, but I am so tired these days, too much stress, besides, I NEED more time to stamp!!!...LOL
P.S. Having the caserole for dinner tonight! TFS!