Thursday, March 12, 2009

Luck O' The Irish Box

So, I am sure you have seen some type of rendition of this little guy! He is everywhere it seems, so I do not know who to give credit to for this design. I will tell you the various punches I used to create my leprechaun.
I punched the scallop circle from Really Rust. I then layered a 1 3/8 punched circle of blush blossom onto that. To create my mustache, I used the horizontal slot punched twice. I punched two black circles with a regular hole punch for the eyes and added white dots with my gel pen. The nose is punched from blush blossom with a regular hole punch. The hat is the small tag punch and the brim is the word window punch. These are both glorious green. I think the ONLY time I ever use glorious green is for St. Patrick's Day! LOL!

I cut a strip of black for the hat band and added a gold square brad. I drew the little mouth on with a pen.The box template can be found on SCS HERE. This was a technique challenge and if you scroll down to the bottom of Lynn's post, you will find the pdf file to open.

I stamped little shamrocks on the outside of my box from the Occasions collection hostess set. I used some black felt ribbon for my band and the sentiment is layered with scallop and circle punches. Have no idea who made the sentiment stamp but I know I have had it FOREVER!

This was so much fun to make, and if you are coming to my class this Saturday, we will be making this! If you live a million miles away and come, then try to make one with what you've got at home! They are super cute, and a good way to use up some glorious green!

Have a super great day!

Emily

4 comments:

Nancy said...

So stinkin' cute, Emily!!! Awesome!

Abi Bundy said...

lol he's cool!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cute!!!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love it!