Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Embellish Magazine Challenge-Red, Blue, Green, kraft and fabric!

Hello!  Today I made a card for the current challenge over at Embellish Magazine.  We were to use red, blue, green, kraft and fabric on our card.  I have been dying to make these flowers ever since I saw it over on my friend Bekah's blog.  Instead of paper I used strips of red felt for my flower.  I added a button center and paired it with paper from Anna Griffin.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Tag Lines set.  This is a fabulous set to own.  So many wonderful sentiments-definitely a good investment!  You can buy one over at Paper Maniac  for $7.99 along with many other wonderful sets!  I cut out the leaf shapes from scrap paper and then scored a line down the middle for the vein.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Emily

15 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is just beautiful and that flower is awesome.

Ashley Newell said...

Emily! I love this!!! WOW! Also, I NEED that sentiment set! I've been looking for one for a long time and this one is so affordable. Thanks so much!

Ivolina said...

Very beautiful and elegant card.

Crystal said...

WOW Emily this looks AWESOME I LOVE LOVE that flower...This so needs to be in Card Magazine it totally has that gorgeous look.....Submit girlfriend!!! Hugs!!1

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous card ... you rocked the color combination and the texture of that felt flower is awesome.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Super cute, Emily! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

Maile Belles said...

Simply gorgeous and love that flower! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Shauna K said...

this is fantastic!! i love how CAS it is, and that flower totally pops! love it :D

Bekah said...

Love that flower done in felt! Thanks for linking me up!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Wow, that felt flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us!

Dawn said...

Simply stunning, and perfect!

Cindy Lee said...

That flower you made is fabulous!! Love your card!

Traveling Mama said...

This is utter perfection! wow!! And I have to tell you that your blog is SO cute, too! Hugs!!

Trinh said...

Congrats, Emily! Love your take on this challenge!

Bonita Rose said...

Congrats on the big win at Embellish.. way to go!! hugs