Saturday, March 24, 2012

Welcome, Theo chipboard album....

Hi there!  Today I would like to share a mini album I made last summer for my blog friend, Tenia.  I never shared it last year, because I didn't want to spoil her surprise and then forgot to post it after I mailed it off!  I made this so she could add her own photos and journaling.  I used some My Mind's Eye DP, baker's twine from The Twinery and stamps from The Stamps Of Life and Unity.
I love using dies and recycled chipboard boxes for mini albums.  I used Spellbinders dies to cut both the chipboard and DP.  I use Tombow Multi glue to adhere the DP to the chipboard.  The dies make it so nice because you have a perfect fit!
I think mini books are a great gift for new moms and grandmas.  They can easily add their own photos and stick this in their purse to show off that new bundle of joy!
Another thing that I love about making mini books-using a variety of stamps and elements.  It is fun to find just the right stamp for each page from several different collections.  I made the sun in the photo above from scraps of DP. I just drew the faux stitching on.
When I make pre-made albums of any sort, I always make sure to not adhere the embellishments down all the way, so they can slip the photo in easily.  If it is someone who is not a paper crafter, I offer to do it for them, or offer them adhesive so they can tack it down once the photo is in place.  If they are a paper crafter, I just add a note about making sure to stick the edge of the embellishment down over the photo with their adhesive of choice!
Soooooo....save some cereal boxes and pull out some of your favorite die shapes and create an album of your own.  They are so much fun to make, and always a big hit as gifts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Emily

6 comments:

Kate said...

That is a very pretty mini album. I'm sure your friend loved this gift.

Hugs,
Kate

Noelle Reese said...

LOVE this! So super cute!!!

Lynn said...

what an absolutely wonderful gift. It is beautiful and I'm sure your friend loved it!

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww....this is soooo sweet. Love the sunshine page. I know Tenia and Theo love this. :)

Emily Keaton said...

Emily, this mini album is ADORABLE!! And how fun--I used the same paper collection on the card I posted today as you did on this sweet album. I've never made a mini album before, buy you make it seem so easy and fun. I really need to try this sometime!! Thanks for the great inspiration. :)

NoraAnne said...

This is so pretty Emily!